Why are you to afraid to self-promote?

Self-promotion is expected and accepted! . . . . . All content in blog copyright 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Doris Gaines Rapp

Saturday, April 11, 2015

You Are Who You Think You Are

It's all in your brand. Who you think you are is who you are.
Right now, I have a slipped disk. Some of my older children like to tease me about getting older. My cousin developed a similar condition when she was nineteen years old. My pain isn't in my age, it's in my back. I refuse to let people turn my pain into a family joke. Not that I can't take teasing. You have to be very careful about maintaining a positive attitude while recovering from an illness, an injury or a wounded self-image. You are young until you die; my back is healing until it's healed; and my self-image is determined by me and no one else.
Your brand is the picture you present to your public. If you are an author, it's your "voice" as revealed in your characters and plot. But, it's more than that. Your physical, emotional, spiritual and creative energy are what lie beneath and support your voice or brand. Never let anyone punch the energy out of you. If they will not stop, take a vacation from them for a while until they are willing to accept your image as you project it on the world around you.
You are who you think you are. Think only positive, loving and creative pictures.
Doris
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment